Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Sunday March 30, 2014 at 21:10
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
I definitely don't have an unlimited budget but t this point I don't really have a budget. I tend not to ask. People often don't have any idea what things cost and when you have an imaginary number it can limit your options. I tend to just find out what they want, design a system with a couple of options if possible and present it. They either say yes or no. It's no then we decide what things they want to remove. It's worked for me.

Now on this system it's a fellow I work with so he would be fine with a bit a learning curve but I'm stilling billing him t&m so time is money. I'll admit that I'm hesitant to try a whole bunch of products that I have no experience with in one job. Plus I don't have access to any of those products through my current suppliers, with the exception of RTI.

All that said, I live trying new things. Especially new types of products.

The customer's biggest hot button is the music system. The tv in the bedroom, kitchen, and the surround sound system. Are not a big deal for him. He doesn't even want a Blu-ray in either room. He just wanted a cable box and since they are Apple users I suggested an Apple TV. I honestly don't see a problem with the remotes I plan to use. They are inexpensive and they work. It will only be two processors. They will hop into bed and turn on the news. Simple. Same in the living room. They will grab the remote and fire up the pvr. The Casatunes system is so easy to control they can just grab their phones and turn on whatever they want no problem and that includes the master bedroom speakers and living room speakers because of the AirPlay to those rooms. So for the music system it is really as easy as it can get. In this case I don't see how it can get easier, but that is probably due to my inexperience with integrated control systems.

Back to budget, like I said, I won't know until I present a package but I know what this guy makes. Same salary as me at the Fire Dept so while he might see a bigger value in investing more than I might think ( I learned long ago not to shop with my wallet) I know there is no money tree here.

I feel pretty good about my design but I am open to suggestions for sure. What would you set up with the equipment you mentioned, and how would it function?

Thanks for the interest,

Craig
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse