The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday March 25, 2014 at 12:03
bobli
Long Time Member
December 2002
Goldenzrule-thanks for the tutorial. I will take a look but I never really expected to be able to fix it. Still, I think it's worth a look.

kgoosen-I can take a joke. I knew what image I would find in your link before I ever clicked on it. If it was a joke, it's a very old joke. How many times do you think that reference has been made on this site? Thousands, tens of thousands, more?

I'm definitely in the market for a new remote, however, the policies of these remote companies make it nearly impossible for a DIYer to purchase and program quality equipment. "Professionals" like to ridicule Harmony but also tell DIYer's to go utilize that product. For me, I see only one choice for obtaining a quality product which I can program myself-URC. Would like to try RTI but it's not allowed.

I'm sure some will now say the MX-3000 isn't a quality product, it's a toy. Perhaps, but how does it compare to Harmony or other possible solutions for a DIYer?

Some also say URC products are only available to dealers when it's so clear they're available to DIYer's as well. Just make sure you buy from an authorized dealer who is willing to provide the software. This has been stated here by URC personnel yet some "Professionals" misstate this policy. Why? Are they so hard up for business they think this will spur a DIYer to come to them for their remote? Makes no sense-some people are just disgruntled.

As for purchasing a new remote, I would like a hard button remote this time, preferably one with the red, green, yellow and blue buttons. The only URC remote with these is the MX-890. I could get this, however, isn't there a new complete control line coming (CCP2)? Don't want to make a decision before seeing what's going to be available. This is why I'd like to get a bit more life out of my MX-3000.

If anyone would like to suggest a hard button remote for a one room home theater I'd welcome the information. I would likely want a new processor/controller to go along with it, ideally one capable of IP based commands. I currently use an MRF-300 (with the RFX-250 antenna which essentially turns it into a MRF-350). My equipment is pretty straight forward consisting of a TV, audio/video receiver, satellite DVR, optical disc player and streaming box. Not really interested in a tablet solution since there's no hard buttons.

Hosting Services by ipHouse