The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Wednesday March 19, 2014 at 23:11
tgrugett
Select Member
August 2004
Be careful at copy and pasting codes out of Pronto edit. If they are out of the pronto database you may run into a string that is in a abbreviated form and not the full Pronto Hex format that has been standardized and used by many platforms. The only thing I use pronto edit for these days is for testing entire codesets using makehex and IRPanels (both third party software designed to work with the Pronto Edit and the old 2000 remotes). I use this method to find codes which no one has or ones that may or may not even exist for a particular device.

I program RTI, Crestron and others and there are FAR easier ways to get IR codes than pulling them out of pronto Edit. I personally use RTI software and an RTI learner to do any of the learning that I require which at this point is fairly rare because I keep very thorough resources at my disposal (like a library of rare books!). You can easily pull the hex codes out of the RTI library manager for use in other mediums. The RTI library manager is by far the best resource to pull codes from since it is both easy to get them in (both learned and cut-pasted) as well as out. You do need to be a dealer to get the software however.

Hosting Services by ipHouse