The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Tuesday March 11, 2014 at 15:19
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On March 10, 2014 at 23:23, Mac Burks (39) said...

On March 11, 2014 at 08:13, Mogul said...
This is great, but missing the panels for:

Client: My budget is $485
Sales Guy: That cannot be done for $485

Also missing a panel for "I fully understand my financial situation, a$$hole, but I don't know how much a decent system should cost."

About Square:
On March 11, 2014 at 10:29, SB Smarthomes said...
Even at 2.75% - 3.5% that's still a significant percentage of profit. For your $150k in charges last year Square kept $4125. If you're doing lots of small transactions the fee is probably worth the convenience to you as much as to your client.

I don't understand the mentality here. It sounds like you're saying Square isn't worthwhile for larger transactions. It seems to me that an acceptable cost percentage is the same at all bottom line amounts. Are you freaking out that it would be $4,125? Undo your freak by realizing that's on $150,000. The same rate is $4.13 on $150... that's just as okay or not okay.

KeithDBrown made a GREAT point: if you don't close the sale during your conversation, you open the door for another guy to tell the client that you did not tell the truth (or however gently you might want to phrase that). Remember this: people are more likely to go with the person they are talking to face to face than the person they talked with before. It takes much more emotional effort and conscious belief in logic to deny a deal to a person in your face than to deny the deal to the guy who isn't in the room whom you talked with three days ago!

On March 11, 2014 at 13:55, 3PedalMINI said...
You guys also have to remember MOST of our clients are business owners themselves or in sales and are quite often put off by the usual "by the book" salespuke shit these books preach that everyone else and their brother has read. Its the same stuff written 200 million different ways.

Yeah, but there's a sales lesson even in that: these writers are presenting exactly the same information in some slightly different form and YOU'RE BUYING IT! THEY MADE A SALE!

one thing that does sell very much and is the best sales thing you can do is CONFIDENCE. If you dont have confidence in yourself or the products your selling you chances of a sale are slim to none. Confidence comes first, then listening to your client and then the sales IMHO.

Confidence shows when you do not look desperate to make the sale. As several people have said, "the most important thing is sincerity. Once you can fake that, you've got it made." If you really look interested in doing for the customer what the customer wants, and not in making a sale so you can make some money, you're way ahead.

Which, by the way, makes me totally cross out the box labeled

SWISS: Sell What's in Stock, Stupid.

If you have to sell what it in stock, at some point you will be lying to your customer about what is really THE BEST thing for him. You'll be presenting the best thing for your cash flow. There's nothing wrong with managing your cash flow, but beware that people can sense lies, even just the lie that transforms "they're pretty much the same" into "what I've got is what you need," or even worse, "what I've got is way better than the rest..." when it's only equal.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse