The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Tuesday March 11, 2014 at 15:15
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
On March 11, 2014 at 13:55, 3PedalMINI said...
|
You guys that have your heads in those salesbooks DAILY need to also be very careful of "becoming a sales puke" I have won numerous jobs because clients have said i actually listened to them and understood their requirements and made them feel comfortable rather then just another "client number in a companies database"

to 98% of the general population AV and the stuff we do is a total mystery and is is "vudu". I have also seen clients completely turned away from doing larger systems because someone from the area that is much bigger and has admittedly said behind closed doors "hes an epic salesmen" scared the shit out of them by over selling.

You guys also have to remember MOST of our clients are business owners themselves or in sales and are quite often put off by the usual "by the book" salespuke shit these books preach that everyone else and their brother has read. Its the same stuff written 200 million different ways.

Everyone's clientele is different, the last 3 years of re branding my business has brought me into the group of clients that are extremely wealthy and dont have time to deal with "by the book sales" and are quite often put off by high pressure sales..one of the best pieces of advice that i have ever been given was by a customer of mine that is in the painting business, he does very high end work but to clients a painter is just a painter. It is not uncommon for him to be against Certapro, trunk slammers etc. all those guys are sales guys, he introduces himself and says I am not here to give you a salespitch on what type of paint we use and how our guys are background checked etc. He then says i am here to provide the best possible service and outcome for your project...so before you by the book sales guys jump on him and his ways He is a millionaire and is one of TWO high end painters in the area.

I have been blessed that i can read people very well and know when its time to put the sales cap on or back off a bit. Im not saying i don't have room for improvement but like pauls comment and to put it bluntly my type of clientele will and are most definitely put off by these types of sales tactics.

one thing that does sell very much and is the best sales thing you can do is CONFIDENCE. If you dont have confidence in yourself or the products your selling you chances of a sale are slim to none. Confidence comes first, then listening to your client and then the sales IMHO.

+1!!! Could not agree more!

The ability to listen, know when to shut up and read peoples vibes is primary. I took sales courses early on in my career, and I have to admit, in any transaction, if I feel like I'm being "sold to" I run!
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse