The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday February 21, 2014 at 03:07
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On February 21, 2014 at 00:13, David Haddad said...
Here are the things you need to consider.

4. A liability waiver does not stop you from being held liable if you do something negligent.

A liability waiver does not stop you from being sued, which is a bit different from being held liable but can still bankrupt you, if THE CLIENT does something negligent.

Think about it this way. If I ask an electrician to install an outlet on the wall above my tub so I can plug my razor in when I'm in the tub, and promise I'll never use it when water is in the tub, which seems the correct path?

a. The electrician tells me that's against code, is unsafe, and he can't do it.
b. The electrician does it, and tries to figure out how to put a sensor in the sub to detect water and make sure power to the outlet gets killed if I'm in the tub, so I don't get killed.

Those are called GFCIs. Have electricians' liabilities increased since those became standard?

People! Haven't we seen pictures of living room after living room with paintings above the mantle? Do you suppose hundreds of years of decorating like that has continued despite repeated fires?

I think you have not measured the temperature above a mantle, nor felt the stones above a mantle, that are cool to the touch when there's a roaring fire. The temperature will be dangerous if a fire in the fireplace is so huge that the flames are leaping several feet into the air, but only then.

See [Link: google.com]
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse