The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 11, 2014 at 21:39
Hart2Hart
Long Time Member
December 2005
Before I start... I feel this is going to be one of those moments when you go how stupid could I be?

I've got a MSC400 and a MRX1 and they work together to give me great standard control and control from and ipad / iphone.

Yesterday I had Comcast X1 installed. Instead of putting all boxes in media room, I put them near each TV so I could reclaim couple matrix input ports and fix minor issues with HDMI matrix switcher. This all works great.

To control the two cable boxes that are in living and master bedroom, I installed a MRX-2. The problem is I can not get it to be recognized in CCP. I assigned the MRX2's MAC address an IP address via router DHCP reservations. I can ping the MRX2 and the MRX2 indicator for Ethernet is on and the port leds are flashing -- just will not be "discovered" by CCP.

For short term, I'm thinking I can just use it as standard RF base station by setting a unique base station id since it is hooked to antenna. I understood that ios module could be used by two MRX units in the same home as long as registered MRX was on same network with other one.

Only thing a little odd is that CCP (which is updated) does not show MRX2 as a base station so I used MRX1. Where is the MRX2 entry or is what I did okay?

Last edited by Hart2Hart on January 11, 2014 22:22.

Hosting Services by ipHouse