The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Tuesday December 24, 2013 at 09:44
internetraver
Advanced Member
April 2003
On December 24, 2013 at 08:07, drewski300 said...
Jay/G. Paul,

We have an issue with a Snap DVR and a Savant system as well. Our problem is the stream will eventually stop displaying real time within Savant's app. We have a project with a doorbell trigger that switches the in-wall iPads to the front door and gate cameras. The homeowner has noticed the stream will eventually stop leaving a frozen image. It will take 5-10 mins or longer but they noticed it because when someone presses the doorbell while they aren't home all of the iPads will be displaying camera views for a long period of time. I haven't seen it in action and this hasn't been a high priority fix for us over the holidays but it is something I wanted to look into. I just assumed it was some sort of cache issue. The WPS app works fine 100% of the time and the Savant camera view will work if you leave the camera page and go back to it again.

I haven't checked our office camera DVR....

Jay, if you guys continue to grow, I don't think that model will work. Sorry! The more personalities will result in more conflicts and more resentments. We don't really bust balls regarding vacation/time off either but we ask for 2 weeks notice. I know this method is sort of self correcting because if someone isn't respectful of the schedule or does what he wants, they are likely not going to last. But as you mentioned, good installers are VERY difficult to find!

How ya been Drew?

I agree it won't work forever but to clarify, that's only for the lead guys.  Helpers still punch a clock, but are given a pretty long leash to learn and grow.....unless they suck, then they're sent to an attic every day until they quit!

As far as your issue with the DVR, you know what my advice would be. 

Your issues does sound far different than what I was experiencing.  Our DVR's continued to drop streams on their own app long after they were pulled out of the Savant automation.  I'm sure Paul will work with you and Savant to try to get it resolved but how much time/money are you willing to throw at troubleshooting?  Our issue went on for 5 months. How happy do you think this client was with us during this period? 

We took far more steps than just what's in this thread troubleshooting this issue, but I don't have the time or the desire to get into every detail about it. One of our first thoughts WAS that it was network related.  Along the path we swapped routers, network switches from managed to unmanaged and back to managed.  We even went as far as to swap the Ruckus zone director to attempt to get this resolved.  Even though we don't use this model number...

photo ScreenShot2013-12-24at82319AM_zps657a2156.png
We changed the brand of switches we had in there because this has been on snaps site for over a year.  Alex said he'd get back to me regarding this issue in this very thread...... never heard from him.

Tons of hours and money were dumped into this once profitable job.  In the end, a simple brand swap fixed the problem.  I wish you the best on your upcoming troubleshooting adventure and I would suggest you pack a lunch;)

Hosting Services by ipHouse