The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3,121 made on Tuesday December 17, 2013 at 20:31
keaster2000
Long Time Member
April 2007
Co-Channel interference should have went the way of the Dodo when stations began broadcasting digitally. Back in the day of analog transmission, Here in St. Catharines when I could get WJET-TV 24 Erie, there was co-channel interference from CBLFT 25 from Toronto.

CHCH on 15 shouldn't be the reason you're not getting WUTV 29 (14): CBLT 5 transmits from the CN tower on Channel 20 and CICA (TVO) transmits on channel 19...from the CN tower. There's no way this would have worked back in the days of analog TV

Ever noticed how the Toronto and Buffalo stations were doled out: 2-Buffalo, 3-Barrie, 4-Buffalo, 5 (formerly 6)-Toronto, 7-Buffalo and so on...

When CHCH went from 18 (pre-transition) to 11 The signal strength on my 13' Delhi929 went up to a solid 100% when the antenna was pointed at Hamilton. Pointed at Buffalo, I couldn't get CHCH, my 8 bay mounted 3 feet below that anenna actually dropped in signal strength.

Now that CHCH transmits on UHF 15, The big rotary antenna gets CHCH at 89-95% when pointed right at hamilton 90% when pointed at Buffalo and the smaller 8 bay gets a higher signal that it did when it was on 11.

The bottom line...Some fine tuning (or more height) may be necessary. I've had the most luck installing the Electronic Master 4 bay antenna with amp and pre-amp built right in the balun. I installed one in Pelham that picked up everything from Toronto off the back of the antenna and the transmitter for CKVP 42 is right across the street. No problems picking up any channels.

It's an off-shore cheap looking thing but boy, do they work great. Chen out your local computer store for one.

As for WBXZ: They transmit on Channel 17 and so does Global from Paris, so we probably won't get them unless they apply for a signal boost and a channel re-location. Why transmit on 17 but come up on 56? I don't know.

WUTV applied to move back to 29 post transition, but they were turned down by the FCC Currently, Daystar-owned WDTB-LP is using channel 29 (virtual 39) for a black screen that says "No Signal" in small blue letters. Waste of a channel if you ask me. They've applied to move and up power on Channel 28.

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I hope this info helps.

Hosting Services by ipHouse