The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday December 13, 2013 at 15:25
remotivate
Long Time Member
August 2011
Okay, just completed the proof of concept here...with much success...

I now have a URC MC-70VC indoor IP camera being viewed perfectly on both an MX-6000 and a KP-4000. I can also view the camera from any Internet Explorer browser on my LAN. Doesn't work with Firefox or Safari at all. With IE on a Windows machine (or VM), you get not only nice video but also the audio. I can find no way yet to get the audio input from the camera mic to come across on the MX-6000 or KP-4000. I wouldn't expect it necessarily on the KP-4000, but the MX-6000 has a decent speaker output on the back of it, and also an Earphone connection. I was hoping (always dangerous) that you could hear the audio by plugging in earphones to the earphone jack. That apparently would make too much sense :-) If anyone has any ideas of things to try to get Audio on an actual URC remote that would be great. The video is perfect but I'd rather not rely on a full web browser in order to get the audio. [The use case here is to use this in a nursery where baby sounds are important. Again, web browser would do it, but would require keeping a laptop open at all times in the house for the baby to be "monitored". I'd rather see it done from an actual URC device that is smaller/more portable.]

Ideas welcome as always. Thanks.

Last edited by remotivate on December 14, 2013 09:14.

Hosting Services by ipHouse