Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday November 10, 2013 at 12:16
hdtvluvr
Long Time Member
September 2002
Ok, I'm a little confused.

I selected code 656 like you did for the TV. The dash isn't in that code set.

The dash is in code set 655 (I don't know if it has all of the other needed codes or even works - I'm just going off of what you said you used and works). Anyway, don't I have to bring in code set 655 in order to use a code from it? That's why I said make it device TV2.

Is a shortcut the same as the copy/paste function? In other words, does copy/paste actually copy the code and paste it to the new button or simply makes a shortcut? I did a Copy/Paste and it does have the arrow on the button icon like signifying a shortcut. If a shortcut, I can't delete TV2. If it copied the code, I can.

edmund suggested using the code set to teach another remote and then learn it back. A lot of work if copy paste will work.

Worst case I guess is to add the code set as TV2, put TV 2 on a hidden page of Main then do the copy/paste to where I want the - to be on TV device. There are only 3 components in her system so she has plenty of memory. Is this the best option?

goldenzrule
I was on Skype with my daughter yesterday and the - on the original remote does enter the dash for sub channels when using the built in tuner (OTA).

Hosting Services by ipHouse