The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday November 1, 2013 at 20:48
hearrean
Long Time Member
February 2004
Ok, I called Samsung & they walked me through on how to turn off that intro screen I was referring to above. It's a part of their Smart Features, which we disabled. Now (using the TV's remote) the TV (when turned on) goes right to the channel we were on when it was turned off. When I called Logitech, their tech support told me to use the TV's model # when setting up the device & activity,,,not to do it the learning way. So now, when I turn the TV on using the Harmony, in the background is the channel we were watching when it was turned off, but in the middle of the screen, there is a message inside a rectangle that says "Check the device is connected properly, then try turning on the device by selecting the device below." Then below, inside a small square are the words "STB". And then below that, another small square that says "OK." I just noticed though that it will automatically disappear after about 10 seconds or you can just select "ok" with the TV's remote to remove it. (Obviously STB is referring to my SAT box & it's definitely connected properly or I wouldn't be getting a picture). Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ken

Last edited by hearrean on November 2, 2013 08:30.
The optimist claims the glass is half full; the pessimist claims it is half empty. An engineer observes that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hosting Services by ipHouse