Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Monday October 7, 2013 at 12:29
Richie Rich
July 2002
On October 7, 2013 at 11:26, Mac Burks (39) said...
You can teach people things like wearing shoe covers and cleaning up after themselves immediately after installing a TV bracket and how to be more efficient when installing speakers etc. What you cant teach is work ethic. By the time you are an adult you either have it or you don't imo.

Some guys are always on time and dressed clean and ready to go. These guys want to work and as long as you are running your company correctly they will always be great employees. If you don't have your act together don't expect your employees to pick up the slack. The good ones will get tired of it and move on. The bad ones will stay as long as they can because its easier to fake their way through the day when no one is watching.

Other guys show up late every other day, constantly have their wives call in sick for them. They are the guys who always have mysterious flat tires that keep them from coming in. They are the guys who take an extra 10 or 30 minutes for lunch on the same day they want to be packed and on the highway headed home exactly at 5PM.

You don't want these guys. Let them work for your competitor or go into business for themselves. If you were a big enough sucker to let them work long enough so that they qualify for unemployment..."charge it to the game". Lesson learned. Pay attention to the next guy you hire. You should be able to figure him out in 30 days.

Hey, don't lump all us chronically tardy people into the same mold ;)
I am often a few minutes late due to my horrid commute.
Guess what, I am also the guy who doesn't pack up and leave at quittin time. If stuff needs to get done, stuff gets done.
As a lead/supervisor/monkey wrangler, one thing that pisses me off is guys who bail out right at quittin time, no matter the circumstances.
If the occasional after hours/long day/weekend panic/grind are not something you are willing to take on, this isn't the profession for you.
I am a trained professional..... Do not attempt this stunt at home.

Hosting Services by ipHouse