The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Saturday September 14, 2013 at 01:49
Eastside A/V
Select Member
September 2006
Good luck with the remote. I would recommend either learning the desired IR codes in or you can directly import HEX codes too (if you already have them from a crestron or similar file/database/etc.)

One thing to be aware of/take note of - is that series as well as previous versions of the series can be VERY finicky with regards to uploads and transferring. I've killed more then my share of remotes over the years and spent countless hours working to reset them (I'm been fortunate to save all but 2) so I'd recommend searching this as well, I believe I posted a thread about 4 years ago the last time I had issues with it.

In my experience, I've only had luck downloading to the remotes using a Windows XP computer (neither vista nor 7 worked well for me). Also make sure to save constantly as the programs are very prone to crashing.

If you want to help your buddy great. I refuse to program or make changes to that and previous generations of the remote for clients as the risk of the remote bricking and being a time suck as well as a fairly outdated remote just doesn't make sense.
Bryan Levy
www.eastsideav.com
Gallery: [Link: eastsideav.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse