Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Friday September 13, 2013 at 21:21
MGMalone
Long Time Member
August 2013
Hi guys,

Well, after a lot of delays, it looks like Sunday's the day we're doing this thing. I got the adapters I need to connect the remote to a modern computer, downloaded the program recommended in this post:

On August 7, 2013 at 10:46, kdp99 said...
You are in luck, this will do the job,

[Link: files.remotecentral.com]

...and have done some preliminary testing, and at least my computer seems to be OK communicating with the remote. But! I don't see at least two of the devices I'm supposed to be installing and programming the remote to control listed in the device code database. I ran the updater, and ran it again just to be sure, and according to the editor program, I'm all up to date.

Anything I can do here? I see in the editor program there's a "learn" function - presumably I can just use that to learn functions from the individual device remotes (if he has them available), right?

By the way, just for full disclosure - I did ask around with my current employers, in the purchasing, IT and AT (academic technology) departments, and talked to some of our vendors directly. None of them deal with URC equipment, it seems...I guess all of these guys threw in their lot with Crestron and never really looked back. As such, I can't get into the dealer portal on the URC page by any honest means to look up the editor's manual, or any other codes.

Please do feel free to tell me I'm just SOL - I've been kinda waiting for the last straw in that area. Of course, if I'm not and you can still help out...that'd be welcome too!

Hosting Services by ipHouse