The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 21, 2013 at 00:23
Drzhivago
Long Time Member
June 2003
I have a system with an XP8 that's utilizing virtual panel and an iPhone for remote access of the system. The system has been up and running without issue for over a year but suddenly all remote access has stopped functioning. I checked the DYNDNS subscription, and it's active. The router has the proper DYNDNS settings and verifies successful communication with the DYNDNS. Port 4110 has been forwarded in the router. Integration Designer is showing the correct DYNDNS settings for RTI Panel/Virtual panel.

When I check the attached devices on the router the IP address for the XP8 isn't listed. I see all the IP addresses for the RK3V's, music server, and other attached devices, but not the XP8. If I reset the XP8 the IP address will pop up for a second but then goes away. If I watch the routers attached devices for a while the XP8's IP may pop up for a second but then vanishes again. Even with this happening the RTI system on the LAN works fine. I have many products using IP control and there's no problem with them communicating with the XP8, rather it's only the virtual panel and RTI panel that don't work.

I spoke to RTI tech support and they say it's gotta be something on the local network that's knocking the XP8 offline, but why does the local system work fine even when the XP8's IP isn't showing up on the routers attached devices list? They also said it's probably something to do with Comcast changing their DNS settings. I'm not a network guru so I'm in need of some help. If anyone has some ideas let me know.

Hosting Services by ipHouse