Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday August 19, 2013 at 15:59
drewski300
January 2007
Ha! I completely spaced the thread on IP until Audiophiliac responded. Brain fart!

On August 19, 2013 at 15:04, sbacon99 said...
Drewski, the physics here work against that kind of solution. Even partially loaded, a 42U rack can weigh multiple hundreds of pounds. I'm assuming you will install with it recessed so its face is flush to the wall, which means it needs to pull out quite a ways to allow you to actually access the rear. Also assume you need at least 24" of space behind the rack for access once extended, if the rack itself is 24" deep that means it needs to pull out 48".

It would take a VERY strong and well-secured frame to support 300 lbs sitting at basically the end of a 4 foot lever... that's why MA requires the tracks and stand for extending the full-height non-rotating racks. You might be able to trim tightly to the front of the WR series, which rotates to minimize the distance that it needs to extend...

I understand what your saying but I was curious if people have tried something different. These have a 450lb rating:
[Link: fultererusa.com]

[Link: middleatlantic.com]

Maybe M/A WR?

That would be the ticket however I was hoping to have side access. I guess I don't need to install a closet/cabinet door if we used the WR rack. I just was hoping to show wire management from the closet door and only pull it out for service needs. Customers can get the jist of the wiring from the closet view vs. having to pull the rack entirely out. Plus I was hoping to hide a structured wiring panel on the back wall to the right of the rack (looking at the front of it). Again the wheels aren't out of the question but I wanted to have base trim so it looks decent. See picture below.

Last edited by drewski300 on August 19, 2013 18:07.
"Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!"

Hosting Services by ipHouse