Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday August 15, 2013 at 15:19
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Designer here!

Due to how production schedules work in manufacturing, product boxes are generally printed months ahead of hardware production, when the software is not yet functional enough to take a screen shot and (if you look closely) the physical housing of the device may not even be cast yet.

Our engineers make every attempt to get the software to function as per the original design, but no process is perfect. I agree that text over a graphical button is not ideal. When you produce a color remote control though, you'll get raked over the coals if it doesn't have graphical icons. The size of the 780 screen and the physical limitations of placing the buttons beside that screen forced some compromises on us that we felt were merited to get the remote out at a lower cost.

So anyway... I'm not saying that anyone is right or wrong. I'm just letting you in on the thinking that led to the circumstance.

Take care!
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse