The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8,148 made on Friday June 14, 2013 at 16:16
Mr. Stanley
Elite Member
January 2006
I've been trying to get this $400K project for about 6 months... Monday I went over to this potential client's rich uncle's house, who is a friend of a friend and offered at no charge to get his media room system up and running (it'd been on the fritz for 5 years, and he's had a couple of guys come out and try to fix it, but it only got more and more messed up)...

I thought it might take me an hour or two, but it ended up taking all day as it was totally misswired, miss programmed and well, just a total clusterf*ck.

I ended up pulling all the gear out and totally rewiring and tweaking everything (His TV was getting 480 P! I gave him 1080p and really balanced out his surround sound speakers bla bla bla...

He was pretty damn amazed when it was all up and running, and as I was packing up to leave he pulls out a handful of $100 bills. I said, hey thanks but I can't take that, as I TOLD you this was a favor - I then said, take me out to lunch or dinner sometime!

I thanked him and left.

...Got a phone call today, and he told me he talked to my potential client and his wife and builder last night at a nice dinner, and he said to them: "YOU A**HOLES QUIT F*CKING around and hire that Bruce Stanley guy"!!!

That made my day today! Sometimes a little favor can go a long way.

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo!

Last edited by Mr. Stanley on June 14, 2013 17:53.
"If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger."
Frank Lloyd Wright

Hosting Services by ipHouse