Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Monday June 10, 2013 at 16:57
Audible Solutions
March 2004
I would think this is intended for the low end, not the high end where David plays. The MC3 has an OSD that I believe has now been exposed. It would be a universal OSD and David and Mac can customize this to match their skins. Imagine how much fun Mac will have utilizing 4k resolutions for his graphics.

Last year's Samsung's had serial control that included access to its embedded apps. This year's models will turn on and off, switch inputs save for where the apps are embedded. It is available via IR. Perhaps someone has found the latest serial protocol. I have not.

For some reason smarthub is desired by many salespukes. On the low end it is surprising how tolerant a client will be if he doesn't have to spend money. On the other hand, execution of these apps is an other matter. If it's just one more app on the smarthum so be it. If Samsung has to include control as BenQ did Roomview, make sure all codes work before committing. My experience was that Power on did not work with the BenQ despite it touting the internal Crestron Roomview driver.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse