Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Monday June 10, 2013 at 10:44
thecynic315
August 2008
On June 10, 2013 at 10:01, juliejacobson said...
Totally not getting your argument, Mac. So you're suggesting taking a simple TV GUI option away from the client because it doesn't match their touchscreens?

So now every controller in the home should be an expensive touchscreen, no handheld remotes for example?

When I had Crestron, I had a touchscreen that had everything, and an ugly hard-button remote that I used 90% of the time for TV.

Well one problem I can see with the GUI is the guys at Crestron while awesome are not installers in the field.

I have yet to see a demo program from Crestron that functions the way a system would in the real world, and never mind that there is a VAST difference between a Residential system and its GUI and a Commercial system and its GUI.

While the Crestron app may be awesome, will it be set up in a way a user would actually want to use it? For example, Crestron still creates things with an ON button and Source select buttons, but I don't know any Resi System that doesn't uses buttons like Cable, Bluray, etc to turn everything on switch inputs etc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse