The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday June 9, 2013 at 23:06
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On June 9, 2013 at 22:11, Audible Solutions said...
I hear this all of the time. I hear how important that every icon be the same size and all other GUI verities and my experience is that it just does not matter--and it never has. How many jobs had small and large panels? How many panels have different types of navigation? If you think about it your car radio works one way, your phone an other, iPad one way, Android an other an no client has any issues.

You have let all those jobs with multiple size and model panels create a false reality. You now think its okay that the user interfaces don't match. Car radios are a great example. All have a power toggle and preset buttons and channel up and down. This UI hasn't changed much over the last 40 years. Your phone is not a car radio. You don't need to dial numbers with your car radio.

Just because they can figure it out doesn't mean they should have to. If your clients are happy with different ways to skin a cat its because someone hasn't explained to them that it doesn't have to be that way...not because its "okay".
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse