The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Friday June 7, 2013 at 15:19
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
Might work great for simple 1 room system. The company i work for could never use it. As much as we would love to have every TV be from the same manufacturer its just not possible. We have to mix and match based on available space and TV manufacturers don't make it easy. Imagine selling 12 samsung TVs and relying on this interface and then 3 years later 2 TVs fail and their replacements are different sizes or worse...dont have crestron built in.

Distributed AV/automation needs a black box that can be distributed. We cant rely on CE products as part of the control system. Maybe down the road when $20k outfits a 10k sqft house with crestron because everything is plug and play and iOS/Android app'd...but in the mean time (next 10 years or so) we can't use it. It will get disabled like all of the other "smart" features in these TVs.

Speaking of TVs...i wish someone would start a monitor (video display for use in distributed av systems) company that lets you spec outside dimensions of the display...then fits the glass for you. Would be nice to have matching bezels on every TV. Would be great for getting the biggest TV possible in a given space.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse