The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 201 made on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at 23:03
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On May 21, 2013 at 22:04, Anthony said...
there is one problem with your statement, it does not fit the facts. Lets replay this a bit
ID spends time with company A deciding what seating will be used, ID shows result to B, B calls manufacturer and wants to know the dealer cost of what A quoted. The manufacturer calls A and let's him know what is happening.

I think your replay button might have the wrong command attached to it. B got a document from the ID and was asked to provide the product on the document.

Don't feel bad...the manufacturer made the same incorrect assumption that lead to the IMO unethical action/mistake whatever you want to call it.

That is way different from your example where

What example?

customer spends time with A who decides on XYZ (that is worth100K) but he does not carry it, A calls manufacturer and asks to become a dealer, manufacturer calls B and tells him "hey we have a customer that wants to buy something that will make you 100K go poach him"

Not sure where you think you read this. Wasn't from one of my posts. Possibly not from this thread.

it is acknowledged and he did say drawing, and even if it was not how can someone get a quote from the manufacturer without specifics? I have no idea what these guys charge but don't you think that all the styles have the same price? do you think chair type won't make a difference (reclining, electrical reclining lounger), arm type (are we talking sofa, a love chair somewhere, or arms between each seat), or accessories (d-box, if there is a cup holder and what material), upholstery (fabric, suede, several kinds of leather...) and sometimes even colour changes the price

As i stated before the term "drawing" could be autocad schematics of everything including the bolts being used to secure your 5 seater or it could be a scribbled note on a cocktail napkin.

You are making assumptions that the "drawing" had more information than "5 seater". Once you made that incorrect assumption it lead to more mistakes.

It is like saying it makes sense someone coming to you and asking what is the price of the TV, one with a black cabinet. Brand, size, model will all play a big difference in that price.

No one asks me about the price of a TV. Clients tell me they want a TV in a specific room and i choose it for them. It used to be a lot harder to pick them but not its basically just pick whatever fits because there are no good TVs left. And if you do find one thats good...good luck trying to match it in the next size up or down. They pay whatever the TV costs because i don't sell TVs.

Also let's face it what ever info he went to fortress with was enough for them to realize it was the quote they made for the first dealer. It is insane to think anything (except for those ugly cow chairs) on the website would have been enough for them to do that.

You are making another assumption here. You are assuming that "enough" information was more than a cocktail napkin scribble. Its insane that you made these wild assumptions.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse