The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 197 made on Tuesday May 21, 2013 at 21:28
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On May 20, 2013 at 10:05, drewski300 said...
No enemies here. Just simply a discussion that has gotten heated. But to say he has stolen a quote is simply untrue. Especially given Fortress never provided him any info. I would have done the same thing as Terrmul and HAVE done this in the past. If a client wants something, I'm going to try to make it work for them!

agree, that is why I don't think he did anything unethical either. For me the client always comes first but there were some mistakes that were made.

But let me ask you this, a client comes to you with a set-upon paper and shows you a detailed quote from an other dealer and asks you to bid on it? would you? In that case I think it would be ethically wrong to do so. But in this case if he did not realize it was a quote for me the ethical part is moot but it is still a mistake.

I don't think he would be this mad if he were told from the beginning he could not become a dealer and Fortress was willing to help him fulfill the ID's requests.

But isn't hat the point. Fortress could either help him fulfill the ID's requests by selling him those chairs and PO the original dealer that worked on the quote and is a dealer already, tell him to get lost because they were working on this sale with someone else or play intermediary and try and set-up a deal between the two parties where everyone wins. I see them going back to the original dealer as them doing the later.

The problem is that everyone assumes the only reason Fortress contacted the original dealer was to tattletale.

Hosting Services by ipHouse