The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 179 made on Sunday May 19, 2013 at 21:25
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On May 19, 2013 at 21:20, techvalley said...
2. We get contacted by Turrml (who is not a Fortress dealer) and he requests a quote and names the exact specification that our dealer has been working on, even names the leather color. We don't have our leather choices online, so the only way he has this information is if someone has given it to him.

Page 4, post 1

Thank you for another example of people making assumptions in this thread.

"exact specification". Still waiting for them to define that one. You go ahead and stick with your assumptions that this was a proper fully filled out quote. I will go ahead and wait for the actual information to show up. On page 4 this was my response that FYI never got addressed by fortress. Using your earlier logic about keeping quiet i guess they have something to hide? (or maybe they are just busy like i stated about the OP when you said that)

On May 17, 2013 at 22:48, Mac Burks (39) said...
When you say "exact specification" what do you mean? Part numbers/models/color codes or like "3 rows of 3 seats in beige".

The reason i ask is that if the interior designer said "3 rows of 3 seats in beige oh and i like that stuff i saw at Fortress" and then had 2 AV companies bid on the job...whats the problem? This happens all the time. Client or consultant or interior designer will often spec something and put it out to bid with multiple companies.

If he called up with exact specifications like make model color codes etc then obviously he got the information from the ID...who got it from the other AV company...but...this ethics issue is with the interior designer not the new dealer whos calling you up.

And thanks for this added bonus:

"unless someone has given it to him" <--- The manufacturer actually admitted that they know someone else gave him this quote meaning he didn't steal it.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse