The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 162 made on Sunday May 19, 2013 at 18:14
techvalley
Long Time Member
July 2012
On May 19, 2013 at 10:10, BigPapa said...
Hard to have a rational conversation with a fanboi. It's also odd you can't even spell his nic correctly even though it's repeatedly spelled correctly by most others.

I would respect Fortress if they told TERMUL 'you're asking for the same quote one of our dealers has already worked up and put the time into. Buy the seats through them.' I have little doubt TERMUL would have respected that and seriously considered that avenue. It would then be his choice to say 'OK cool' or 'No really, I want to become a real dealer and consider a real relationship.' Fortress could then take the consideration seriously, or tell TERMUL 'great, we'd love to talk about you being a dealer. Do this project through our existing dealer and we'll continue the conversation on the back side.'

The Fortress salesman made an assumption based on cynicism, shined on Termul, then called the existing dealer to inform him of TERMUL's efforts. Then the existing dealer called the ID and offered 5% off.

It's a little douchey. Of course no client or ID would see anything wrong in any of this as they're getting 5% off. They profit off the scrum.

As I said before, it's a little short sighted and/or ham fisted, forest vs the trees. The exceptionalist assertions of 'protecting the dealer,' while noble in intent, overshadowed these factors.

It's Terrmul, if you're going to correct people you might want to get it right. This reminds me of a time a guy pointed at a company being un-ethical when it was him who was as guilty if not more... Birds of a feather!
"try to become not a man of success, but try rather to become a man of value."

Hosting Services by ipHouse