Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Friday May 17, 2013 at 14:58
bcf1963
September 2004
On May 17, 2013 at 12:39, Ernie Gilman said...

You're saying you have, say, Dell, or TI, or National Semiconductor sign an NDA before you will do business with them? Or Siemon, or God help you, Siemens? Hughes? Microsoft? Yamaha? Denon? JBL? Won't they simply laugh in your face once you've explained it twice because they could not believe what they were hearing the first time? These guys know not to step over that line and tell anyone about your transactions or possible transactions. Fortress did and they are complete sleazeballs.

Yes. As a matter of fact, the normal procurement/business process with these companies is to sign a mutual NDA, that covers disclosing business information for both parties, and doesn't allow that to be disclosed to third parties without written approval. This is incredibly common in the electronics industry.

By the way, the company that I work for has such corporate NDA's with at least five of the companies you mentioned. I doubt even one laughed when signing the corporate NDA was discussed. As it is mutual, it protects them, as much as it does us. In my career I've worked for two IC manufacturers, two Computer/Laptop manufacturers, and a more general consumer electronics company, as well as a co-owner of a startup in the consumer electronics area. Signing NDA's at the start of a business relationship was never a big deal... It was expected.

I agree that if Fortress told the other installer that they received a quote request for the job, they are sleazy. I said that in my posting earlier in this thread. But you can't count on companies/people having ethics, you need to protect yourself, and an NDA does exactly that. It puts both parties in a position of being able to expect a behavior, and being able to collect damages if the agreed upon behaviour is breached.

Hosting Services by ipHouse