The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Friday May 17, 2013 at 12:39
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 16, 2013 at 19:55, longshot16 said...
Tell the ID what happened and see what she wants to do. You might be surprised what she thinks of the whole situation.

This is wisdom. Maybe the rest of this whole thread is noise. But here's what I wrote about the noise:

On May 16, 2013 at 18:04, Mac Burks (39) said...

Or just tell the client what cost on the chairs...making it impossible for the ID to mark them up. I would sell seating from someone else at cost plus installation just to spite all three of them. (ID, competitor and manufacturer)

I dunno. "I'll see your crap and raise you one sleaze." And I do this while objecting to what they did?

On May 16, 2013 at 19:48, 24/7 said...
There are two types of sales people, those who want 'THE' sale, and those who want an ongoing relationship with YOUR business.

1) The sales guy who ratted you out is 'THE' sale guy and he's already picked his favorite dealer.

This is the short-sighted guy who does not realize that the people he steps on while on the way up are the ones who will spit on him on his way down. Another point of view is that he thinks there are an infinite number of customers so it doesn't matter what he does to any one customer... which is also worth pointing out to the client.

2) The manager who will hear the grievance is the same guy that hired him.

Yeah, but maybe he has a boss who wants to stay in business after both of those guys leave. If they're not faithful to new business (you), why would they be faithful to the company? After all, there are an infinite number of companies to work for, too.

On May 16, 2013 at 21:23, Mac Burks (39) said...
How the heck did Fortress know who this was for in the first place? Is everyone using the same spec sheet? I just helped wrap up a $50mil home and i can tell you that not 1 single vendor of ours knows where any of their product went.

Here's how:
If Terrmul happened to mention the town, neighborhood, or anything else that would pin down where the manufacturer should ship the chairs to, that would do it right there. I don't expect anybody here to warehouse chairs and then deliver them separately -- the mfr would ship to the client.

On May 17, 2013 at 01:16, bcf1963 said...
In the world of business that I come from, where hundreds of millions can be at stake based on someone learning something they shouldn't, we use the legal system to help stop these problems from happening.

Before we will do business with someone, we have them sign an NDA.

You're saying you have, say, Dell, or TI, or National Semiconductor sign an NDA before you will do business with them? Or Siemon, or God help you, Siemens? Hughes? Microsoft? Yamaha? Denon? JBL? Won't they simply laugh in your face once you've explained it twice because they could not believe what they were hearing the first time? These guys know not to step over that line and tell anyone about your transactions or possible transactions. Fortress did and they are complete sleazeballs.

They should have told Terrmul that they already have a dealer in that area and that this needs to go through them (which it already was).
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse