The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Thursday May 16, 2013 at 21:20
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
 I've gotta agree with Erik on this one.  Let's look at it from the other dealer and Fortress' point of view.  

Registered Fortress dealer already quoted the job.  Then comes along you at ABC company.  You're calling about information to sign up and make an order.  

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, and I don't believe this to be the truth. (Let's make that perfectly clear).  But, as far as Fortress knows, you're some guy they found on Craigslist, you're trying to undercut a reputable Fortress Dealer and Fortress and/or the dealer doesn't want that to happen.  

Again, I'm not saying this is fact..all I'm saying is they don't know that it's not fact.  

Afterall, they already quoted the sale...before they'd ever been contacted by you.  

Long story short, if I was pissed at anyone, I'd be pissed at 

1. The Interior Decorator for not having enough brains to think that a company who can handle a large home theater  that has 40k worth of chairs in it couldn't also provide 40k worth of chairs.   She obviously knows that home theater companies supply chairs because she contacted the other place already, why didn't she contact you first?

2. Pissed at myself for not making absolutely sure that the Interior Designer  wasn't made aware that your company expects to supply everything pertaining to the home theater.  

To me, it sounds like simple miscommunication.  I'd take some time to take the ID to lunch and make it perfectly clear what the individual roles are.  Lighting, movie posters, sound dampening, etc.  

Not trying to beat you up, and I feel your pain.  But I think this is a simple case of a vendor trying to take care of a registered dealer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse