The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Saturday April 6, 2013 at 17:30
Innovative A/V
Select Member
December 2007
On April 6, 2013 at 13:04, Caffeinated said...
The dish Hopper system stomps this thing.
Two hoppers, 3 joeys (my system)
6 tuners, 4 terabytes. all accessable from anywhere.
Just sayin. :)

yes the hopper has 6 tuners and the genie has 5.

but dish gives you 6 tuners and only allows you to use 3, the other three are recording common shows so it can somewhat mimic cables "start over".

so if your 3 joeys are running your hopper will have to watch something recorded or wait for a joey to free up a tuner. (that's Convenience!!)

Now this gets even better....when primetime comes into play the hopper will utilize 2 more of the 6 tuners now equalling 5 tuners tied up recording every primetime show so they can do the instant "on demand or start over". That will leave you only one tv that can watch something other than recorded content or primetime shows. If you choose to watch a primetime show it will appear you are watching it live, but you are really streaming it as recorded and will not eat up your last tuner.

Now between 12AM and 5AM the hopper will give you all 6 of your tuners. Wow that's amazing most people are sleeping at that time.

Directv gives you all 5 tuners ALL the time. Yes if you are using a client it WILL use one of the tuners, but the joeys do the same. Directv does not block any of your tuners at certain times of the day, Dish does.

I would chock that up a stomping!!

ohh and BTW your hopper only has a 2 terabyte hard drive not 4.

I'd say that's one hell of a polished turd
www.goinnovativeaudiovisual.com
Cedia certified installer
ISF Certified 'It's not how many times you get knocked down but it's how many times you get back up and go forward"

Hosting Services by ipHouse