The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday February 27, 2013 at 20:18
smb993tt
Long Time Member
February 2013
Thanks for the response Lowpro. I have input the codes for the new Cisco box using the Pronto NG software with the pronto attached via USB. After opening my existing configuration file, I brought up the screen images that correspond to those on my pronto when I am controlling the older Scientific Atlanta box. Since these screens have all the information I require to completely control my cable functions, I used these as a starting point. On each screen shot, I double click, or right click, on a "button" , say the number 1. Then I delete the existing "learnt ir code" and click on "learn code", press the number 1 on the Cisco remote and the code is accepted by the software. I did this for all cable screens and buttons, saved the configuration under a new name and downloaded to the pronto. Then to my disappointment, it doesn't work. I have located the ir blaster over the eye of the Cisco box. I am using the Philips rf to ir converter and the pronto in rf mode. Any insight would be welcome.

Hosting Services by ipHouse