The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Monday February 18, 2013 at 11:38
Ronno6
Long Time Member
November 2008
I am using a Sony TV and AVR that communicate via Bravia Sync. I control the volume on the TV, which also adjusts volume of the AVR. What I was trying to do is be able to control the volume of the TV (hence, the AVR) while the remote is set on the "DirecTV" Device setting. When I was using a MX-700 URC, they referred to this as a "punch through" in which specified buttons can be set to control one device while the control is set to control a different device.
The 650 allows this, the 670 does not, at least in the commands for the DirecTV receiver.
But, I have come to understand that when the 670 is set to the "Watch TV" Activity, it controls the necessary functions of the DirecTV receiver as well as volume controls of the TV/AVR.
So, I guess I really do not need to do what I originally wanted to do.
Interesting to note, however, that I cannot include the AVR in the "Watch TV"Activity, as, since the TV and AVR communicate, pushing the "Watch TV" activities button actually turns the DirecTV receiver on, then off, but NOT the AVR,which is the device I would expect to act this way, as the TV turns the AVR on and off.
Thanks for your reply.

Hosting Services by ipHouse