Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 86 made on Tuesday February 12, 2013 at 11:01
Audiophiliac
August 2006
Optical outputs are most often fixed. The last thing you want is a "cheap" digital volume control. The remote codes likely adjust the SONOS bar's volume level, not the TV's. Just make sure your TV has the ability to turn off its speakers or it sounds like you could run into problems. :) This is like many other soundbars out there that can "learn" the volume commands from your other remote. Nothing new.

And with the autoplay option for the external inputs, this can now be just as easily added to any system as any other soundbar. Plug in the audio out from the TV, learn the volume commands from whatever remote you want, and there you have it.

I can see this as an excellent starting point for people who do not know about SONOS or are on the fence about buying it. If they need a soundbar anyway, sell them this one. It works fine as a soundbar, but does all the SONOS stuff as a bonus.

One thing I would like to see is a SONOS wireless 2 ch. amplifier. Using the PLAY:3 as surround speakers is fine if you have a place and a plug where you need them to go. If not, then what? Having a SONOS amplifier that can go anywhere and connect to standard speakers would be bada$$.

I do not think the lack of HDMI is bad. I was hoping for it, but it is what it is. So you do not get the HD tracks from bluray discs. Big deal. How many soundbar systems can really make full use of those over the DD/DTS tracks anyway?
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse