Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 72 made on Tuesday February 5, 2013 at 20:15
Audiophiliac
August 2006
I agree it needs some kind of IR remote. At least let it "learn" the volume commands of your TV or receiver or something like alot of other soundbars do. I know there have been rumors about it even having HDMI switching. I would not be surprised....but I am not counting on it.

Although if it had an HDMI output that supported ARC, SONOS could potentially get into the video streaming game pretty easily. Why not? They already have the gamut of audio streaming services. Netflix, Hulu, Vudu/UV, etc. would be a bonus. If they can create the same great experience with video that they have with audio, it will be a killer addition to the SONOS ecosystem.

I have been using my Connect and a pair of Audioengine A5 powered speakers connected to the audio out on my TV for a while. True, volume adjustments require my phone or tablet. But I rarely change the volume much while watching. Not as convenient as I would like. But I also do not have a universal remote (I take that back.....I have a Pro Control 24.r and base station somewhere), an AV receiver, a subwoofer, etc...etc...etc....My wife can use it easily....which makes it ok by me. :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse