The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Saturday December 15, 2012 at 10:29
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On December 13, 2012 at 20:25, 39 Cent Stamp said...
I think we are getting ahead of ourselves here. This is a system to purchase movies over the internet and have them be accessible via your kscape system. This is not an instant on-demand service.

We (humanity) currently have 3 ways to legally buy movies (licenses anyway). #1.Drive to the store and buy it. #2.Order it and have it delivered. #3.Download it.

#1 is the fastest if you drive straight there and back but it requires you leaving your sofa and waiting in line. #2 will take day/s not hours, its the slowest option. #3 even at 3 hours is the most convenient option.\

not necessarily, you are thinking as a renter and not a buyer. Yes titles that I have bought through mail took days, but I have never needed to get off my couch jump in the car to buy a movie at the store. I just buy them when it is convenient and I am not on the couch or in my house. My guess like me you need to leave your house/couch for other reasons. So what is to stop a buyer, for example, to stop off at a store and get a few films on the way to/from work or on their lunch time? I have bought countless films that way.

Now if you are talking about a 1 day rental (do they still exist?) then you need to make sure you have the time and you get the movie you feel like watching, but if you buy them, then all you need to know is do I want to spend the $ and do I want to see it. I bought the Hitchcock collection (15 films if I remember correctly) that is not just to sit down for a day.

I pointed out the same thing to Fin a few post earlier, 3h or more might seam like a long wait, but what is to stop someone from checking what films he wants to buy in the morning before leaving for work or at night before going to bed?

Hosting Services by ipHouse