The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday October 9, 2012 at 08:32
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On October 9, 2012 at 00:31, mattyass said...
I understand they are two completely different versions and are not compatible. Thus how I have a current version of CCP and not Accelerator. My question is merely this - is it against URC's policy to let dealers distribute "Accelerator" at their discretion or not?

I'd be happy to buy an MRX-1 base station, but what good would that do me with an MX6000 that has a defective screen? Moreover, if I'm replacing my MX6000 with another and adding an MRX-1, which would be a very short-sighted decision, I'm pretty much at the price point of a TRC-1280 and MRX-10. I just want to know if I can program it myself, again, going through the proper channels. "Total Control Remotes" seems to be of the opinion that I cannot, or that it will be very difficult to obtain the software. I just want to know if this is the case or not...

I'd like to get clarification on this too.  My guess is that they don't want the software in the end user's hands since they will eventually have the capability to remote into the processor to troubleshoot and make programming changes.  Also, Total Control is only available to direct dealers, so that might offer another hint as to why they might not want everyone to have the software.
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse