The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday October 9, 2012 at 00:31
mattyass
Long Time Member
August 2011
On October 8, 2012 at 23:54, Lowhz said...
There is no Accelerator version; they are two stand alone and incompatible systems. Accelerator is used to program the Total Control system and it much more more critical that it be specified and designed correctly before any programming is done. Complete Control Program is used for the Complete Control product. Not cross compatible.

If you're worried about RF you should just get a MRX-1 IP base station and put it on your network. Have your MX6000 programmed to just use wifi and the MRX is a bridge to IR and RS232.

I understand they are two completely different versions and are not compatible. Thus how I have a current version of CCP and not Accelerator. My question is merely this - is it against URC's policy to let dealers distribute "Accelerator" at their discretion or not?

I'd be happy to buy an MRX-1 base station, but what good would that do me with an MX6000 that has a defective screen? Moreover, if I'm replacing my MX6000 with another and adding an MRX-1, which would be a very short-sighted decision, I'm pretty much at the price point of a TRC-1280 and MRX-10. I just want to know if I can program it myself, again, going through the proper channels. "Total Control Remotes" seems to be of the opinion that I cannot, or that it will be very difficult to obtain the software. I just want to know if this is the case or not...

Last edited by mattyass on October 9, 2012 00:40.

Hosting Services by ipHouse