The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 8, 2012 at 21:55
mattyass
Long Time Member
August 2011
So, yesterday my girlfriend decided it would be a good idea to wash my MX6000 with Windex because evidently there was some food on it. Whaddya know the screen is now kaput.

It seems silly to get another MX6000 with all of the Total Control products now available (and given the msrp is still so high). So, I've been contemplating starting new with a TRC-1280, TRC-780, MRX-10 and MRX-1 for my living room and bedroom.

My previous dealer, who provided me with the original CCP software and multiple remotes, seems to be MIA, which led me start exploring other authorized reatailers. Most were hesitant to speak of my project - at least the providing the software part. I did, however, come across a couple that were willing to entertain the idea, but I'm somewhat doubting their credibility because when I mentioned that I had "CCP," but needed the "Accelerator" version, both had no clue what I was talking about. Further, I was doing some additional research today and read that it was now more difficult for end users to obtain the software.

So, my question is this: is it still at the dealer's discretion to provide the CCP software to the client or is the software now exclusive to dealers?

P.S. I'm not looking to ignite any wars between "you should have a professional come out and do it" or "I'm smart enough to do it myself." I just would like some clarification. I just want to know if I can buy a quality product and program it myself if I go through the proper channels.

Hosting Services by ipHouse