Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7,420 made on Thursday October 4, 2012 at 22:03
Dave in Balto
January 2008
On August 13, 2012 at 21:09, Dave in Balto said...
Started the process of taking my first customer to court for non payment. This is the first time in six years of business that someone ducked out on trying to pay me. I called his work, his mobile, I emailed, sent bills. I must have tried contacting him 30 times before I gave up.

I finally involved my lawyer, who filed suit. He went after this guy, I had some discounts figured into the project, he said he discounts have been revoked. The day after he made contact with this dead beat, I get an email saying he wanted to finish up his project and that he had been out of the country. This has been 4 months, no way in hell this mortgage broker was out of town was out of town for four months.

It's a shame it had to come to this but it looks like I might get my way on this one.

Well, I talked to my lawyer today, the customer saw it our way and agreed to deliver a certified check for the balance, legal fees, and a few dollars for interest.

Our legal system works, too bad this isn't Saudi Arabia, I would have had his hands chopped off.
Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

The Dude

Hosting Services by ipHouse