Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 371 made on Saturday August 4, 2012 at 11:55
Audible Solutions
March 2004
On August 2, 2012 at 18:31, juliejacobson said...
Exactly the OPPOSITE of what Crestron was trying to achieve here ...

Why should any Company's marketing aims be mine? You could argue that Crestron opening up Prodigy dealers was putting its interests over its existing dealer base. In this environment survive and advance is my mantra. I suspect we are using Prodigy in ways Crestron would have no problems and we sell plenty of full Crestron. It was not a very well thought out line, cadged as it was from existing products. I do wish they would continue to offer entry level Crestron to dealers who know what they are doing and know when to use it. Why lose out on a job in this tough economy to inferior systems simply due to price. The package I offer does not compete with full Crestron, but offers features that are attractive to clients and enable a dealer to survive. It does force you to use Prodigy as a control system and to be clever in programming it. It also requires you to be proficient in the software tools--which most Prodigy only dealers are not. Decentralized video, centralized DA, with very limited automation. In a majority of cases it allows me to sell Crestron into systems that would have gone RTI or URC.

Prodigy never ought to have been a separate line marketed to new dealers and sold via distribution. Forgive me if I use it to help my company survive and not how Crestron conceived of it.
Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse