The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Monday July 16, 2012 at 11:50
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
On July 16, 2012 at 11:44, ChrisBaker said...
***UPDATE***
I have looked into these brands and others, and have found a number of potential models. Some models don't seem to have a great low frequency response (Episode ES300, Def Tech) or are just so thin that I can't imagine they would have enough bass to be front speakers (Magnepan MMG)

Thanks for all the help and the suggestions!

Def Tech - XTR-40. these are supposed to sound amazing, but may be out of budget. Looking into sourcing. Also concerned about bass response (100Hz-30kHz).

KEF - T101 would be perfect, but I'm I don't think they would be powerful enough. The T301 adds in another mid-range driver and is just as thin. Does anybody have any first-hand experience with these?

Episode - ES300 may be just a tad too think (2.8"), and also don't seem to have a great low frequency response: 115Hz-20kHz.

Here are other models I have found that look promising on paper.
Does anybody have any first hand experience with these?

Fineline LCR-11/21 - Both 1.75" deep and seem to offer good frequency response despite their small size (80-20k). Very interested in hearing opinions on this one.

Goldenear SuperSat50 - Goes down to 60Hz, but at 2.5", it may be a tad too thick. Looks great on paper, anyone heard these?

Magnepan - MMG series. Planar speaker, so I'm concerned about the bass.

Have you considered contacting a local CI who can more appropriately answer these questions and analyze your specific needs? It is what we get paid for and there are a number of qualified individuals in your area. I think you may be surprised what a good relationship with a local CI can provide you.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse