Original thread:
Post 29 made on Saturday June 2, 2012 at 19:57
gmc911
Lurking Member
May 2012
thanks again for the advice.

One final question:
I looked up RTI and found this: [Link: rticorp.com]

Would it be possible with this to control both an HDMI switcher and the Russound with simple IR remotes? I don't like to be depended on a certain brand/system/hardware. Basic examples would be:

As in
"If IR in zone 1 presses "source 1" switch Russound source 1 to zone 1 and HDMI source 1 to zone 1"
"If IR in zone 2 presses "source 3" switch russound source 3 to zone 2 and send no signal to HDMI switcher"
"If IR in zone 1 presses "source 2" switch russound source 2 to zone 1 and HDMI source 2 to zone 1"

And thanks for the disclaimers; I'm well aware this is a trainwreck in the making. Years ago I was working a job basically doing technical support for end users (of some sort at least) and totally feel your pain. But I'm not willing to compromise on this by accepting the solution everyone here wants to sell to me.

I want exactly the can of worms you are talking about: A pc with direct access as a media center. Since I'm the end user and have been working with a single zone (HT)PC for some years, I don't think that will be a huge problem.

If you tell me I don't need the keypads and the myrobridge with that RTI, I'll get that thing, get a "RTI IR programming for dummies" and work it out. If you say it doesn't work, I'll get the messy solution with keypads routing IR and Myro controlling the switch.

Hosting Services by ipHouse