The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday May 8, 2012 at 23:34
castaban
Long Time Member
September 2006
I just did some extensive testing. My opinion is, it is the strength of the IR signal is the issue, not the angle. I pointed One 45 degrees off, it did not work. Then I pointed my 670 45 degrees off, it worked. Then I blocked with my hand the side of 670 towards my unit, to make sure it did not work because of the supposed wide angle of the 670 LED, it still continued to work. So that makes me believe the signal from 670 is hitting the wall, getting reflected and hitting the unit. IR is so strong.

I wonder did anybody try to replace the LED from the one of the older remotes to the Harmony One and whether it made the difference... Obviously this will void the warranty, so I am not willing to do that with my remote, at least not until the warranty runs out. But I am curious about this... Is it the efficiency of the LED or the the amount of juice they send to the LED? Probable the latter, but I am curious... Because if it is the LED efficiency, I have so many old Harmony's sitting around...

Hosting Services by ipHouse