Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday April 9, 2012 at 19:30
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On April 9, 2012 at 15:37, jlet said...
It's neither correct nor incorrect. It takes time to find if a particular device supports discrete commands. It's usually a knowledgeable customer that finds out and ask support to add the commands. This is particularly true for outside mainstream devices/brands. My experience as been the opposite of yours probably because my devices were all mainstream.

Onkyo/Integra, Denon/Marantz, Yamaha, Samsung, LG are all mainstream equipment with discrete codes available from the manufacturer and available in URC's IR database. All of these brands used toggle commands when programmed into a Harmony. Yamaha receivers, as an example, have over 2000 codes available with discrete power commands included right on down to discreet internet services commands. I am not sure what the criteria is for when the software will program with discrete commands. All I know is that I have never had a single Harmony program with discrete commands. I have probably programmed 50-75 of them, and every single one used toggle commands, so I am not sure honestly.

Hosting Services by ipHouse