Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday April 3, 2012 at 19:45
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On April 3, 2012 at 19:14, jlet said...
The Harmony remotes will happily use the recommended discrete method if the discrete commands are available for that device. Not all devices support discrete commands. Blame the device mfg in their infinite wisdom.

They CAN use the discrete commands, but by default they do not. The majority of devices will have discrete commands. Not all do of course, and I am sure the thinking behind using power toggles within the power tracking macros is to save from having to create software that is smart enough to know when to use discrete, and when to use toggles. With pro remotes, you do not use a wizard so you are the one that is deciding what codes to use. With a wizard, it has to choose. This is just my guess though as I haven't really researched it at all. And yes, some manufacturers do not see the importance of discrete commands. Luckily, most TV and receiver mfg's do provide discrete commands, and other components often have work arounds, like pressing play on a dvd player that will turn the player on.

Hosting Services by ipHouse