The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday March 23, 2012 at 12:39
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
This came from a private message. I hope I'm not stepping on the sender's toes by making this public.

I'm a great believer in sharing all of the things we struggle with, because while you're learning something to get out of a problem, others can read along and avoid ever having the problem themselves.

On March 23, 2012 at 09:31, Tkarns24 said...
I just purchased this plug in hopes that i would be able to control my lift from my mx980.

[Link: broadenedhorizons.com]

I have the device programmed on the remote it powers on and off , but still will not raise the lift. What advice can you give me on this.

That said, let me start with a hint -- the IR device you link to won't do what you need because it turns power on and off.

If you plug the lift into that, then switch it with the IR remote, the action you get will be the same as alternately plugging in and unplugging the power to the lift. The lift is meant to be plugged in all the time, and then signals go somewhere else to make it raise and lower. See, the motor is used to raise the lift, so the lift must have power. Then the motor is used to lower the lift, so the lift must have power.

Also, it helps our discussion to know whether this lifts a display up so it can be seen, or lowers something out of the ceiling. Either way, it's called a lift, but the descriptions can be more accurate if we know whether, when it's put away, it's up. Or down.

Please tell us the brand and model of lift. Someone may have an exact answer for that particular model, but we won't know until we know what model it is.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse