The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday March 14, 2012 at 14:16
SWOInstaller
Select Member
October 2010
On March 14, 2012 at 12:58, Tony Golden said...
RTI and URC remotes can be used with the Adagio, using either an IR or RF receiver.

However, it would be a lot easier (to program) if you use a Crestron remote. The 3 most-popular models are the MLX-3, MTX-3, and ML600.

To add to Tony's response,

Is all the equipment in the same area? If not are you able to get wires to the Adagio system? What Adagio unit are they currently using AES/AADS?

What sources are sources currently being shared between the Adagio system and Home Theatre?

Since you are more into the Prodigy stuff I am going to assume you will be programming using SB??

If programming in SB I don't believe Adagio Composer allows you to create a Multi-room system as well as home theatre using the templates like Prodigy composer does. This is possible by adding the devices and controls for each but then having to build pages to accommodate. May not take you too long depending on your programming ablilties.

If you are programming in SB I would not recommend the ML-600. Although a great remote it isn't SB friendly as it doesn't allow you to make 2 home screens (we have a few jobs out with this problem). If you want the work around let me know.

I would recommend either the MLX or MTX 3 to replace the RTI remote. Your life will be much easier to program the remotes and you receive feedback as to volume and room status.
You can't fix stupid

Hosting Services by ipHouse