The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday March 8, 2012 at 04:51
tekstyle
Long Time Member
December 2010
i am currently setting up my blackberry playbook for openremote. I have also purchased the global cache itach wf2IR module to convert the wifi signals from the tablet into IR that my devices see.

so far, I have successfully programmed MUTE, and VOLUME + for my pioneer receiver. the learning diode is kind of hard for the damn itach to get a good blast of IR from the original remote. and there's way too many codes to try and test. i guess i just didn't have the time to do it since I am a student with a national board exam coming up.

however, so far, i love openremote and it's potentials. I also currently installed it on my iphone and HP touchpad ported to CM9 (android ICS 4.0.3). all working great. currently using an old dell laptop 710m as the controller and i believe it doesn't cost much electricity to keep it running 24/7. it's been going for about a month already in the basement via wifi and no restarts.

I encourage anyone who's interested in openremote and have an android, ios, or playbook with OS 2 firmware to check it out.

the openremote BAR file has been converted and can be downloaded from playbookdaily.com or from here ( i think i uploaded one here)

here's an image of my start screen when you load openremote on the playbook:

Hosting Services by ipHouse