The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Sunday March 4, 2012 at 12:00
ianfretwell
Long Time Member
May 2006
Hi again - I guess this is really aimed at Matt...

(for RTI Installer - many thanks for your post, in this case I am the customer, I'm also an IT analyst with plenty of routers/cables at my disposal - I've tried the setup in numerous ways to no avail if you read further on you'll see that the network functionality is fine up until I make one simple change...)

After also contacting Denon support for the UK who also (after getting me to try various things with different routers and switch configurations) eventually suggested a warranty exchange, I took your advice and arranged to get an exchange - unfortunately this unit displays exactly the same 'fault'.

The following is taken from the email I've just sent them - I'm including it here in case somebody would be kind enough to make the same test on their 3312 to see what happens

...the email...

Superfi have exchanged my 3312 for a new one (the original one is now with their Leeds branch although I believe it is to be shipped back to Nottingham where I originally bought it).

The exchanged unit exhibits the exact same fault. To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

As before I still believe the issue lays with the firmware (not the update thereof, but inherent within it). The following shows how I set the new unit up :-

•Unboxed and reconnected all speakers, sources & LAN cable before powering on.
•Run through setup wizard (including successful test of internet radio).
•Use web control to check whether I can open the 'Net/USB' page correctly - I can (no changes made at this point - I merely switched between the factory default presets).
•Allowed the unit to perform firmware update.
•Use web control to check whether I can still open the 'Net/USB' page correctly - I can (thereby ruling out changes within the firmware update itself).
•Use web control to add one single internet radio station as a preset (Actual station is 'AC-DC Radio' and I set this to 'Preset D3' successfully).
•From this point forward the page is no longer accessible with the same error as the previous unit.

So basically setting a preset appears to completely break functionality - surely this will be an easy test for you/somebody to make on a test 3312 unit ?

Many thanks for reading,
Ian.
Pronto RC950

Hosting Services by ipHouse